Not too long ago, “bacteria” was synonymous with something negative, even a parasitic relationship. But as it turns out, our connection with bacteria can actually be mutually beneficial. These microorganisms perform tasks that benefit us, contrary to previous beliefs. This dynamic interplay of good and bad bacteria within a larger community, along with their interaction with their environment, is what we call the skin microbiome.
Initially, discussions revolved around acne, but nowadays, the impact of bacteria on beauty extends across every skincare trend and concern, including the development of innovative microbiome-enhanced skincare solutions. When it comes to formulation, we have several avenues to achieve that perfect balance of good bacteria for achieving radiant, healthy skin.
– Removing Bacteria: A traditional approach that mainly targets acne-prone teenage skin. It involves using antibacterial agents like tea tree oil.
– Prebiotics: These are ingredients that nurture a friendly environment, essentially creating a cozy home for good bacteria.
– Probiotics: This is where we introduce good bacteria into the mix.
– Postbiotics: We’re talking about products generated by bacteria, like lactic acid or hyaluronic acid.
Twelve Beauty and your microbiome
At Twelve Beauty, we embrace the power of bacteria to naturally enhance your skincare routine.
– Clear Beginning Hand Spray: Packed with Lactobacillus ferment, a robust blend of probiotics.
– Ideal Rebalancing Level Serum: Infused with Epilobium extract, a nurturing organic prebiotic.
– Rapid Eye Treatment: Enriched with postbiotic Hyaluronic acid.
– Purifying Cleansing Beauty Cream: Fortified with Buddleja extract, renowned for its antibacterial, antifungal, and antiviral properties.
If you need advice on how to improve your microbiome, schedule a one-to-one chat with us here.